When travelling with children, Utrecht offers many fun activities. Here is a small selection of activities inside and outside of Utrecht:
Museum Speelklok – This museum will take you through the wonderful world of self-playing musical instruments. These instruments are centuries-old and will surprise you with their cheerful live music.
The Railway Museum – Discover the story behind 175 years of railway in the Netherlands. Take a ride in a historic trains and become a real train expert in the Techlab!
Miffy Museum – Inspired by Dick Bruna’s world famous picture books, this museum offers miniature worlds to let children step into the world of Miffy and her friends.
Apart from the many museums, Utrecht also offers nice outdoor activities, like pedal-boating on the canals, the Botanical Garden and other parks, or climbing the Dom tower. For more information, please check the tourist information website here.
Outside of Utrecht
- Visit the famous zoo of Amsterdam: Artis
- Learn and explore at the Nemo Science Museum in Amsterdam
- Discover the famous theme park De Efteling in Kaatsheuvel
- When traveling to The Hague, don’t miss Madurodam! This miniature city offers a view on the Netherlands’ highlights and heritage as well as playful activities.
- Rotterdam is home to the zoo Blijdorp, where you can also visit the indoor playground Biotopia and discover the underwater world of Oceanium.