- Chairs have been appointed to all sessions. They will be in charge of the dynamic of the session.
- A screen, projector, and PC will be available in each room. If you need special adapters, your own computer (especially for Mac users), be sure to bring them.
- DH conference papers have traditionally been less formal and more conversational, rather than read word for word.
- If you wish to use handouts, it is your responsibility to provide enough copies. For most sessions, 100 will be plenty.
- We recommend coordinating audiovisual materials with the session chair and other presenters to minimize the transitions from one laptop to another.
- The conference organizers will provide poster stands to accommodate posters of the following size:
- no wider than 1.20 meters (47 inches)
- no taller than 2.40 meters (94 inches)
- The posters will be hung by the Local Organizing Committee (LOC). For this reason, we ask all poster presenters to find their poster number in the following spreadsheet (bit.ly/dh2019poster) and write it down on the back of your poster before you turn it in on the morning of Wednesday July 10, between 10:00 and 12:00 at Tivoli Vredenburg
If you wish to print your poster near the hotel, there are several establishments where you can do so. The Local Organizing Committee does not recommend any in particular but we share the following map to make it easier to locate them:
Long paper presentations
- Individual presentation should not be longer than 20 minutes.
- The chair will either open Q&A after each presentation for a further 5-10 minutes; or will leave 30 minutes after all the presentations for a general session discussion.
Short paper presentations
- Individual presentations should not be longer than 10 minutes each.
- The chair will either open Q&A after each presentation for a further 5 minutes; or will leave up to 40 minutes after all the presentations for a general session discussion.
- Panel organizers and presenters are in charge of equitably distributing and coordinating time for each speaker.
- Please allow plenty of time for Q&A; the norm is about 30 minutes of discussion in each session.
- Speakers not able to attend in person are invited to record their presentations to insure maximum fidelity in case of network fluctuations. The video will be played during the assigned session. Please send your recorded presentation to your panel organizer (if you’re part of a panel session), or to the Program Chairs <email@example.com> (for short and long papers) no later than Friday, June 21.
- Remote speakers are encouraged to be present via Skype, Google Hangouts, etc., for the duration of the session, and especially during the Q&A. When you send your recorded presentation, please coordinate the details for live remote communication with either the panel organizer or the PC chairs.